Out of Town

We moved 1000 miles away from our friends and family and just had a new baby....

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week One over

So Week One is over. Shabbos clean up was hard, even though we didn't eat at home at all. We went out for Friday night last minute, so I brought my Persian Meatballs that I had already made along with some basmati rice and sushi. I have been making Thai inspired Sushi, with fake crab, green onions, cucumber, avacado, cilantro, sriracha sauce, and sometime crushed peanuts...Yummy.

For lunch I brought taco salad. It was delicious as well. We did the Shabbos clean up on Sunday morning since my 8 year old had avos u'bonim (father and son learning) on Saturday night, with a hotdog party and a magic show.

Sunday my mother in law came in, so for lunch we had pizza made from the leftover pizza dough from Wednesday. Then we went shopping at Target, Costco, King Soopers and Sprouts. We spent about $110.00. Of course, we forgot to buy bananas and milk (oops :)) which we got today (Monday).

Sunday night we had pad thai, I love this recipe, it is very easy. I don't use butter, and usually I don't even use chicken, just cook a couple extra eggs. I garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro, limes, and green onions. I don't use the exact measurements for the sauce in this recipe, either, just the proportions. I make it non-spicy for my kids (who request this almost once a week). I either make a second batch for my husband and me, or I just add sriracha and/or dried chile peppers at the end. Either way it is yummy.

Tonight we had waffles for breakfast, since we had no milk..They were OK, but not great. I am going to have to find a better recipe. After work, I made soft pretzels, The kids went swimming with grandma, and these were a great snack before gymnastics. They were yummy, the kids enjoyed them, and it is certainly cheaper than buying the ready made ones. The texture wasn't perfect, and I might try a different recipe next time. Overall, though, they were not bad.

For dinner we had shakshouka, and Israeli dish of tomatos, peppers, onions, etc. cooked together and then eggs are poached in the mixture. I served it with laffa bread. This is for the adults, the kids had hotdogs.



For dinner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home