Out of Town

We moved 1000 miles away from our friends and family and just had a new baby....

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3

Last night was great! When I got home, I put up the dough for the laffa and made the falafel filling. Then we went to the grocery store to get some french fries.

The cost of the meal was as follows:
1 lb organic garbanzo beans: 1.65
bunch of cilantro
bunch of parsley
2 bunches of green onions: total 2.00
1 cucumber: 1.00
4 tomatoes: 1.32
laffa (flour, yeast, etc) .50
incidental spices, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil: .50
techina: 1.00
French Fries (about 1/3 of a bag): .85
can of pickles: 1.50
A little chummus: .50

Total: 9.75

Included in this price I made about 50 falafel balls (so plenty of leftovers) 12 laffas (similarly lots of leftovers), techina, zhug, and Israeli Salad. It was delicious, my year old and baby loved it, my 4 year old ate laffa, chummus, Israeli salad, Fries and pickles, and my 2 year old ate one falafel ball and some pickles and a little laffa.
Tonight we are having guests over for dinner, so we will have the leftover falafel and pizza. I will be making my own dough, so that will cost about .50, then I expect to use a can of olives (1.50), about 2 lbs of cheese (8.99), sauce that is also home made (about .75) and some various produce for toppings. We will be feeding 6 adults and 6 kids. Our guests are bringing some green olives for the pizza as well as a green salad.

The sauce looks really simple and it is, but it is delicious and better than any canned I have found.

The cleaning went well yesterday as well. The kids did their parts and I did mine, so when we went to bed, everything looked nice and clean.

I also took a sewing class last night, so now I can use my machine and I hemmed 2 pairs of pants for my 8 year old that have been waiting for a few months :) Yay!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://pokevision.pro/

October 30, 2018 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home