Out of Town

We moved 1000 miles away from our friends and family and just had a new baby....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 2

OK. So yesterday the cleaning lady came, so there wasn't too much cleaning to do last night, just some books for the kids to put away.

We had chili and baked potatoes for dinner last night. 1 lb of ground beef, an onion, about a cup of raw kidney beans, a box of chili seasoning and 4 potatoes. I would say it cost about $8.50, not the cheapest, but not too expensive.

Last night I also made bagels. They aren't too hard. I used this recipe. It was really yummy and tasted just a good as a bagel store, and better than the bagels at the grocery store. Best of all, a dozen costs about 50 cents! Yay.

Tonight we are having falafel and laffa. The Falafel recipe I am using is from The Book of Jewish Food by Claudia Roden. It is a fantastic book, the sephardic recipes are amazing. I also made the bagels out of this book, and while they weren't quite a good as the recipe above, they were still delish.

I have never had luck with falafel, but hopefully tonight is my lucky night. I am also making laffa, which is like big pita bread. My dear friend Barak gave me this recipe, and it is a hit whenever I make it. It has become my signature food for all the potlucks we go to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Elana said...

I saw a comment you wrote on Orthonomics, and just out of curiosity clicked to see if you were still blogging (and of course you just started up again recently.) Then I saw you talking about the laffa and that you linked to Barak's recipe - he's so glad to hear you are enjoying it so much! Sounds like you have a good plan going on at home - good luck with it, and talk to you soon!

April 17, 2011 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://pokesniper.online/

October 30, 2018 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home