Out of Town

We moved 1000 miles away from our friends and family and just had a new baby....

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Different Framework

This past Shabbos morning, Aryeh (who is almost 4) came into my room. He started whining about needing something for his head. Since he was in his pajamas, and didn't have a kippa on, I told him maybe he should put one on. He gets even more irritated, and says, no, I need something for my head. I looked at him carefully, and I see he has a blanket over his shoulders, sort of like a cape. That is when it dawned on me what he wanted.

After Shabbos, I made him "something for his head." The next morning, he put it on, and I took this picture.

What he wanted for his head were tefillin. The blanket he was wearing was not a cape, it was his tallis. He wanted to daven like his abba. He wants to use a shtender like him, use his siddur, and he really wants tefillin. We have told him, that is a special present he will get when he becomes bar mitzvah.

I was so proud of him when I realized what he was begging for.

4 Comments:

Blogger Orthonomics said...

OK that is too cute.

July 24, 2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger Orthonomics said...

Oh, and we will have to put the Bar Mitzvah on our calendar. We just went to a Bar Mitzvah and our little boy had so much fun, he keeps asking to go to another Bar Mitzvah.

July 24, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Neil Harris said...

What a great kid. Does he speak between Mincha and Mariv? :)

July 24, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Selena said...

He really is a great kid. He makes me so proud. All the girls at camp tell me he davens so loudly, all the rest of the camp can hear him :).

July 25, 2006 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home